Thursday, July 24, 2008

Breast Cancer Quilt



I finally finished the pink breast cancer quilt I was making for my grandma. this was the first quilt that I ever hand quilted. One tip I have for hand quilting is use a template. In each square I quilted either a flower or a breast cancer ribbon. The first square I did I just free handed the ribbon and it didn't turn out how I wanted so I got on the computer and found clipart pictures of a ribbon and two kinds of flowers blew them up to the size I wanted and printed them out and then used those to trace it with a quilting pen right on the quilt. It took me a year to finally finish this quilt. I started it last summer thinking that I could get it done before I saw my grandma in July, but it took me a couple of hours to quilt each square at first ( I got faster as I went) so I thought I would finish it before Christmas, but I came back from my grandma's pregnant and sick and the quilt got put away so after I had my baby I remembered I still hadn't finished the quilt so I got it out and finished it before I went to my grandma's this summer.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Will you teach me? I tried to tackle quilting mine and it was a disaster!