Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun, Fast and easy project


I am in big brothers big sisters and I meet with my little sister every week. DeDe (thats my little sister) wanted to make a stuff animal, but she has never sewn before so to teach her how to sew I helped her make a pillow case. This was very easy and a good first sewing project. I just used a pillow case I already had as a pattern. Since DeDe had never sewn before the hem line around the top of the pillow wasn't the straightest and we used white thread so it was very noticeable so we took matching ribbon and used iron on tape to attach it over the hem line. I think it looks really cute and no one can see that we didn't sew straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! My mom and I are making pillowcases for our craft day this month. We're going to make them for the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. Yours is adorable. :)

Andrea