Sunday, September 28, 2008

Baby legwarmers



I finally made something of my to do list. I made these baby legwarmers. I used this 10 min tutorial on flickr. It took me about 10 min a piece but I am not the most experienced seamstress. I had these on my to do list for awhile and even had some socks that I got from the dollar store (I obviously love our dollar store)then I saw that homemade by jill made them and they were really cute so I decided to try it. I have 2 pieces of advice. One is to use a thread that matches. I just used my white thread that was in my sewing machine because I wasn't expecting my first pair to turn out and since the socks are dark you can see my stitches on the cuff. My other piece of advice it to pin it how the tutorial suggests. I pinned the first one and then thought I was to good to pin on the second one and I ended up picking out the stitches and redoing it.

No comments: