Saturday, August 8, 2009

The best banana cake ever


I am not a big Banana fan, but I love this bread/cake. I got this recipe from a co-worker in Iowa Carla who is amazing at quilting and I think she she should have her own crafty blog. I use to have her make it all the time especially when I was pregnant and the pregnant lady always gets what she wants.

It is also made in a bundt pan so if you are like me and went out and bought a bundt pan just so you could make the chocoholic cake then here is a way to get even more use out of it.
I made it into a little more of a dessert cake by adding a basic powder sugar glaze and added some bananas for a little decoration and to show that it is banana incase those at the party can't eat bananas for some strange reasons.

2 bananas, mashed
4 eggs
1/2 C oil
1 t. vanilla
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 yellow cake mix
Mix all together. Pour 1/2 into a greased bundt pan.
mix up:
1/3 C brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
Add to bundt pan and add remaining batter. Use knife to swirl.
Bake @ 325 for 1 hr

No comments: