Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines felt heart purse

I was putting together my daughters valentines for her playgroup the other day and decide she needed something to hold her valentines in. Since she is not in school with a desk to put a fancy valentines box on like we use to do in school, I decided to make her a purse that she can wear and carry her valentines in.
I just used some felt I had laying around (must have bought it for something, butforgot what andit was all valentines colors so perfect). I cut out 3 large hearts and sewed the sides together. It was that easy. I added some ribbon forpurse handles and a few extra little hearts to the front to dress it up a little.
I did 3 hearts so that there would be 2 pockets. One for the valentines she was handing out and one for the valentinesshewas receiving.
My valentines were very simple. Just glued an embossed pink heart onto some purple card stock ruffed up the edges added a little pink ink to the ruffed up edges and then stuck a sucker in them.
And for the friends that can't have candy some valentine pencils.
Addi loved her purse and wore it around all day. And the best part is she can still use it after she is done with the valentines.
What kind of things are you doing for your kids Valentines at school. I want to see. Leave me a comment with what you made or a link to pictures.

No comments: